Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pink Baby Shower

Today I helped host a baby shower for my very very very good friend Cristina. She is expecting a baby girl in 4 1/2 weeks (although all signs point to an early birth!). Pregnancy doesn't look great on everyone, but for Cristina it definitely does! She looks like she has a little ball under her shirt. She is all baby!



Of course we went with a pink theme for the shower. I made a diaper cake and wrapped receiving blankets around the outside to hide the diapers. I would like to say I came up with the idea all by myself, but I stole the idea from my sister's friend Kendra who made one for Jamie's shower. It turned out pretty cute! I use a wine bottle in the center of the cake, so it makes it much more fun to drink the wine while you roll the diapers... you have to drink fast so the bottle will be ready when your finished!


For the shower I was in charge of most of the food. Cooking is my speciality after all! I made the typical menu that we always use for showers; chicken salad, pesto pasta salad, and arugula salad. Everybody loved everything! I can't tell you how many people wanted all the recipes! I guess there is a reason we continue to make these items time and time again. 



Those things in the background are called "hello dolly bars." OMG they are to die for!!!

And I can't do a post without a picture of Cristina with the hostesses! I look insanely tall next to them and I even wore flats! And.... I bent my knee in this picture to shrink myself a little. I thought shorty's wear heels!!!! 


I had a blast hosting the shower with these girls and I especially enjoyed being able to do this for Cristina. Can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment