Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sweet Treats

We are heading to Lake Somerville tomorrow to go camping with my sister and some of their friends for Memorial Day weekend. I just HAD to make something sweet to share with the fellow campers, and what better then a cookie my mom used to make for us when we went camping as a child. Her famous, No Bake Cookies. Seriously, these are sooo easy and the BEST cookie in the entire world, that is if you are a chocolate lover! And who isn't?



*Please excuse my iphone pictures. Didn't feel like getting out the big camera.*

I also decided to make Cowgirl Cookies, which is the cookies I made as party favors for Taylor's 1st birthday. Here's the recipe for both!



Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! I know we will!

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
1 stick of butter
2 c sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 c milk (any kind)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
5 c minute oatmeal

In a small bowl combine sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In a pot, melt butter over high heat. Add sugar/cocoa mixture and milk. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Once mixture is boiling, let it boil for about 30 seconds and KEEP STIRRING!
Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mixture will thicken. Spoon onto wax paper and allow to dry. Voila! No-Bake Cookies!

Cowgirl Cookies
(recipe from Bakerella)

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional, I didn't use)
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix first set of ingredients in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Spoon onto baking sheet (I use a silpat mat which keeps cookies from burning). I make about 1 1/2" balls. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a rack and enjoy!











1 comment:

  1. I HAVE to try the no-bake cookies for my sister! She LOVES cookies & chocolate and is allergic to gluten so it is expensive for her to have yummy sweets! So this recipe would be perfect since it has no flour!

    ReplyDelete