Friday, January 22, 2010

Crib Sleeper

Last weekend my mom came in town to see Taylor because she didn't have to work Friday through Monday. My mom always sleeps in my upstairs guest room so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to let Taylor sleep in her crib for the first time since her room is upstairs as well. Up until this point I have been putting her in her bassinet in my room. The first night didn't go so great. She woke up after only 3 hours to eat (I blame my mom for letting her sleep all day!). The next night she slept 9 1/2 hrs. Well, the past 3 days she has slept through the night for a minimum of 8 1/2 hours. I am hoping this continues because I have thuroughly enjoyed my sleep! I believe the main reason she sleeps all night is because she doesn't really take an afternoon nap. She cat-naps here and there, but never takes a long serious nap. The only down side is that she does start to get pretty cranky around 6:00 pm until she goes to bed which is usually around 9:30-10:00. I know that is late, but I want to make sure she gets in all her feedings, plus sometimes it will be 10:00 and she is wide awake!

Taylor has also been smiling a ton! I noticed this right around the 6 week mark. She has also been following me with her eyes. I like to place her on my lap and talk to her and she talks back and smiles. It's so cute! I have tried to document this with pictures, but it seems as though every time I try to snap a photo of her smiling she stops. I will keep trying! I will post some pictures today or tomorrow of her once I download them. She is sleeping right now so I wanted to get this post done while I could! Can't waste time anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment